10.01.2010

c Chicago. week 13. puppet creation.


This week C has been making some puppets for a workshop of Tiny Rooms at the About Face XYZ festival. At first I wanted to work on my own thing, but everything C was up to was super fascinating, so I poked my head in from time to time. Who knew that making puppets could be so interesting!
One of the puppets is made from parts of a typewriter. First of all, typewriters are super heavy! There are so many mini screws. My mini hands were perfect for the job of deconstruction.
Another puppet is a young boy named Teddy.

C says his hand is made of the same stuff as mine. But that makes absolutely no sense to me. They look nothing alike. I mean, he is cute and all, but can he take apart a typewriter!?
p.s. I got puppet skills now and am thinking that maybe someday I will make my own puppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment