10.16.2010

c Chicago. week 15. mini beats

dear c,
I decided to spend the week with B. He agreed to be my photographer. (C is off working on some other show. She has yet to apologize.)

B has a lot of cool looking devices. I don't know what they all do so I thought I should start with the one that looked the most familiar. (look at the lovely fikus tree he has)


I quickly realized that I was quite limited on the keyboard. B's keyboard is a little too big for me. So, I decided to try his guitar and plug in a bunch of his effects pedals. The guitar was WAY too heavy for me so I left it on the other side of the room. I figured out that I could still make a lot of cool sounds by just running my hand across the strings and then playing with all of the knobs. B said the best knobs are on the digital delay pedal. He said to play with the delay time and the feedback ratio. I don't know exactly what they do, but I know that I like the way they sound!!!


The pedals were fun, but I think the best time I had was playing with the computer and the Akai APC40 performance controller. (it seems like a lot of the equipment that B uses has weird names that are a series of letters and numbers).


This device was so cool. I could use it to modify sounds that were in the computer. I could push buttons and sounds would start playing. I could also twist the knobs to change the way the sound played. I think you would have a lot of fun doing this too.


I'll figure out a way to upload some tracks that I made this past week. Perhaps we should start a band someday? We could call ourselves c & c music factory. Oh, wait, B just told that name is already taken. No matter, I like making beats. We can think of a name later.

No comments:

Post a Comment