12.01.2010

C North Country. week 22. c's first HIKE

Big C here. I decided to narrate this post because c scared the heck out of me.
B and I decided to take c on her first hike (in the snow!).
Solely the sound of snow crunching beneath our feet and not another person for miles. However, while B and I were listening to a woodpecker, trying to locate him in the trees above, c disappeared! She was no longer on the path.
My heart started to race. She is pretty darn small, basically a city girl with no wood smarts and there she was off in the wilderness alone. AND I recently read that there is a new breed of coywolves out in the north country. Coyotes bred with wolves that are out attacking people (well ok, one person, but still pretty scary).
Then we noticed some mini footprints leading off the path into the woods.

There she was. Oh that c! She said she wanted to climb a mountain.
B held her hand the rest of the hike.
c certainly has a taste for adventure!
C

2 comments:

  1. cutest outfit i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's me and c! She kept saying her feet were a little cold. C picked up c and carried her when we were leaving the woods so she wouldn't get frostbitten, otherwise we might have had a cleg situation emerge!!!

    B

    ReplyDelete