4.25.2011

c Ireland (Chicago). week 42. trip to Ireland! part 1

 this week C and I went to Ireland with her family!!
We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Powerscourt Hotel!

it was great to finally get out of C's traveling bag.  turns out she hadn't purchased me a plane ticket, so I had to spend 10 hours in her backpack.

 the hotel was lovely, with a gorgeous view of a garden.  so nice to be away from work for a while.
 Our first big adventure was to Glendalaugh.  A ruin of a monastic settlement.  
This is an old window of a church. The stone work here blows me away (almost literally).
 
All of a sudden, so that C could concentrate on some "drawings", she put me in this stone box, high up.  What the.... although it was kind of cozy.

All these castles and cathedrals make me feel epic.
This land has such a longer history than our 42 weeks.

After our long first day of traveling, I decided I wanted to stay at the cathedral.  
no more driving on those crazy small corkscrew Irish roads for me.

more soon, i am exhausted with jet lag just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment