8.02.2010

C Chicago. correspondence week 5.

Hi friends. C here.

I made a remarkable discovery yesterday and thought it was time I interject within the dialogue of the c's.
Yesterday B & I (leaving c to mind the house plants again) took an afternoon trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory. I had looked around online for free things to do in Chicago and found a link for the Conservatory, having never heard of it before.
It is lovely with rooms and rooms of plants from around the world and gardens outside to walk along.

In the very first room, at the very first sign post I found this:

Surprised to see Taft's name once again, I wondered what he had to do with this conservatory. When C and I did the initial photoshoot with Taft sculptor's around Chicago, we thought we had found them all (knowing that we had not photographed with 2, the one in the cematary where we got KICKED OUT and the second inside the Art Institute).

Well here I found 2 more that Taft had carved for Garfield Park.

Idyl

& Pastoral

No comments:

Post a Comment