9.01.2010

c Chicago. week 9.

c and friends!
After leaving the Adirondacks (sadly) I went with C to the Big Apple and we played Apples to Apples with some sweet folks. 2 of them got married!!

C and I stayed with C's dear friend M (at a friend's apartment in Brooklyn), who I had met earlier this summer while attending your wedding (remember she has those awesome daughters: Eleanor and Imogene!) C & M stayed up late every night talking about how happy they were that N&J were getting married and listing off every single memory of their friendship with N (they think he is the most adventurous, awesome friend in the world and are so happy that he has found love). It was fun, but exhausting...
Before returning to Chicago yesterday, I got to meet some more of C's family at a Donovan family reunion. I was feeling shy and only got to meet a few of them. In this photo from left to right: C's little sis S, with dog Amelie, C's lovely Aunt D, cousin L (studying theatre!), her charming boyfriend J (new to the scene like me!), and cousin K, a fashionista. I look forward to meeting more Donovan's at Thanksgiving this year; and promise not to hide in C's bag all evening (happens more often then you'd think! AND as you know I get a little funny about my hair, and after all those days traveling in C's bag, I had major bag hair!)
All and all it was a wonderful trip, full of friendship, family and joy emanating from the friendship and family.
I am jealous you got to visit our other M friend. Looks like an awesome trip.
xo
c

1 comment: