11.15.2010

c Niagara Falls. week 20. part 1.

c,
this weekend we stopped in philadelphia to check out the "mutter museum".  coolest museum i have ever been to.  ok well it's the only museum i have ever been to.  anyways,  i saw amazing things!!!  unfortunately i could not take pics..    i swear i continue to be haunted by the lincoln assaination.  I saw john wilkes booths thorax preserved in a jar.   what a bizarre piece of american history.  i saw a series of shrunken heads.  wierdly they were about the exact size of our heads...   it made me wonder if you can shrink the head of a human, can you shrink the head of a puppet?  lastly...  the coolest thing i have ever seen...  a book bound with human leather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   what the...  ?  this really gets me thinking,  having just learned how to bind books.   i am so excited!  i need to get to work now.
miss ya c  and glad you guys are doing well over there in chi town.

p.s.  H just got his work visa.  now we are just waiting on C's and then we will be off to london.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I stayed at your apartment when I was visiting NU for the interview, and you showed me the mutter museum book. I'd love to check the actual museum someday.. Looking forward more exciting works from you in the future. xo, Izumi

    ReplyDelete